Thursday, May 6, 2010

Much needed date night

I had the greatest evening. Granma Di came and watched the boys while my hubby and I went mountain biking. It was a blast! The only way it could have been better was to have had motors on the bikes. :-)

Afterwards, we went to a restaurant and order chips, salsa, and guaca. The salsa and guaca was served in tortilla cups. This poor waiter, who I guess was on a break had came out on the patio. When we got to the end I had the bright idea to eat the cups. They looked puffy and yummy. I bit into one and felt something drip down my chin and fill my mouth. It took only a second to realize it was grease... Totally grossed out I let the bite drop out of my mouth onto the table and tried desperately to get the napkin that was super glued around the silverware. Finally having conquered that tricky contraption I took to wiping my mouth and chin with the napkin. Unfortunately the poor server on his break saw the whole thing. Horrified he asked "Is something wrong with the food?" I explained everything and let him know it is fine. He said "Good, I was just worried that there was something wrong with the food but I do think I've lost my appetite." He pushed his meal away and didn't take another bite. oops!

We did however see a huge blimp fly over during dinner. It was cool. When was the last time you saw a huge blimp? and no, Up, doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment