Thursday, June 17, 2010

WhataWednesday!

I would like say that I LOVE the boys pediatricians. They a wonderful! So since we didn't have any therapies this week, crazy I know, I called to schedule well baby visits. The poor woman scheduling was having a hard time wrapping her mind around the fact that Caius is 8 months old and his last well child check-up was at 2 weeks old. Talk about a reality check for me. I looked at a couple of his baby pics yesterday, which is really hard for me to do, and I saw his little chest with no scars. :-(

Anyhow, not knowing if the A/C in the car was going to work I put some wet towels on ice and then used them in the boys car seats. The A/C actually did work and the boys froze all the way there. We were right on time, not early but not late either and then..... the loop was down to one lane. I, trying to put my previous driving style behind me, got in line to wait my turn. The line didn't move. Why? Because of everybody flying by in the other lane and cutting in front of us. So I decided to make it fair, like that's my job. I pull into the middle of the road. Which worked for a little bit but then this car shoots around me on the shoulder and the rest of that lane starts to follow. It was then that I lost it but just a little bit, I never said a word or made a noise. I pulled into their lane blocking them which really upset the lead truck. It was then that I was thankful that I didn't have any fish on my car and realized that I was being ridiculous. So I went ahead of everyone pulled in front of a semi that was lagging behind and got out of the traffic. No more miss nicey for me.

It was Asher's appointment and everything was fine until we left the waiting room. Keep in mind he has never gotten a shot, he has only had his blood drawn twice with a heel prick. But that didn't matter, he lost it. Screaming, crying, red faced, snot, tears, etc. The nurse said take off his shoes so we can get a weight. I told her she was pushing it. Ash survived the weigh in but then Dr. L came in, who is the sweetest man and Ash lost it again. You'd have thought that there was electric probes on his stethoscope. I was having to hold Asher down so he could be listened to and looked at. It was ridiculous.

Once we left the room I started talking to Caius' Pedi and Ash started playing with Cali, her nurse, and he was fine. He loves to stand on her pile of files. I had to apologize for the footprints.

The good news from the day was that Ash is above the 50th percentile on weight and height. And that he doesn't have another well visit for a year, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment