Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My crazy kids

I laughed a lot yesterday. Caius has gotten so strong. When I try to suction his nose he wraps his legs around my arm and his hands around my hand and fights like mad.

Asher brought me a wasp's nest yesterday, what every mother wants! His favorite thing to watch right now is the menu screen for Lost. Its a little eerie to wake up to the music of Lost, especially before the sun comes up.

We have some kind of leak under our sink. So yesterday I pulled out the bottom of the cabinet and the dishwasher to investigate. I got a flashlight and started looking. Well not to be out done, Ash grabbed the flashlight and went hunting. He looked everywhere. He even opened the entertainment center and hunted out two books I had hid in the back. He even got out a sponge and gave it a thorough looking over at point blank range.

Ash has seen me turn off the DVD and TV with my feet while holding Caius. A fact that I was unaware of before yesterday when I saw him, crocs and all, trying to reach the DVD player with his foot to change the disk. He finally got his leg high enough but couldn't push the button with his clod-hoppers.

Poor lil' Caius' bounce broke. This was the BEST bounce in the world. It even stood up to months of Ash bouncing in it with his knees in the head rest.

If you know us much you know that Asher feels that all and I mean all tissue used or new belongs in the toilet and no toilet should ever go un-flushed even if there is only a tiny bit of paper in it. So yesterday, to Asher's detriment, I replaced the roll of Toilet paper in the bathroom. I'm with Caius and I hear the toilet flush and Asher cry. Hmmmm. Can you guess what I found? More than half of roll in the toilet yet still attached to rest of roll on wall. I guess he thought it was full enough for one flush and got upset when it all wouldn't go down. I told him to wait and I ran to get something to fish out the paper but while I was gone he tried to flush again. This raised the water level. He almost couldn't take it. He couldn't understand why there was more in the bowl after he flushed! I had to carry him crying out of the bathroom and shut the door. I asked Josh to take care of it when he got home. I heard rustling in my kitchen spoons. Then I had to explain why he wasn't going to use kitchenware for the toilet. He thought I was nuts. Am I? I don't think that it is too much to ask that my kitchenware never be used in the toilets. Its bad enough I had to go rescue 2 steak knives from his tool box yesterday!

So the boys and I go out to Hobby Lobby and then HEB last night. As we are walking out of Hobby Lobby, Ash runs past the woman walking in front of us and blocks the door as he tries to raise his foot high enough to push the handicap button that would open the door. The poor woman didn't know what to think. Asher also made sure to touch EVERYTHING on the left side of the baking isle, third shelf from the bottom. Caius made sure to flirt with EVERY woman that he saw except our cashier. I guess his flirt was all worn out.

The best laugh of the day came when I jumped in the shower. I had my eyes closed and I hear "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Josh!" I open my eyes and Asher has pulled back the shower curtain and is trying to look at me through the water spraying his face while he hands me $132. It was a pile of money. 100 dollar bill on top. Now that's my kind of shower. Of course he wouldn't let me not take it so it got soaking wet. Wet or not that is my kinda shower and Josh says I don't make any money.

No comments:

Post a Comment