Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trying to take over the world!!

So I've decided that Asher is going to take over the world some day. That little booger is too smart and VERY persistent. I love him so much and we have SO much fun. We went swimming on Sunday and this pool was awesome. It had a kiddie pool that started at zero and sloped to 1 foot. It was great, Asher hasn't been much for pools but he liked this. Little Cai hung out in his daddy's lap and got nice and pruney feet.

Tuesday we went to Josh's softball game. Caius can't take the heat so I backed the Armada up and left it running. I brought Cai's bounce and he sat in the bed of the Armada under the A/C and I sat outside playing with Ash. Do you have the picture? So Ash gets in trouble for not obeying and running into the parking lot. Well his world ended and he goes into a full on fit (As most of you know an Asher fit is very slow, exaggerated, and dramatic and generally very quiet). I see what is coming and put a blanket out for him. He drops to his knees and looks over his shoulder at me with his bottom lip protruding. Then, on the blanket, he puts his head down with his arms back at his side. He yells once, which was enough to get everyones attention. Then he rolls over onto his back and lays there in the grass. He yells again. I tell him not to yell, to this he kicks his feet. I thought my friends watching the game were going to lose it. I smiled and waived and Ash laid there. He finally decided it was a bad idea and came over so I could brush the burrs off of him. Whatta kid!

My little Cai isn't doing so hot. As a lot of you know I cut Dairy out of my diet when Caius was 1 month old. If you would have told me that I wouldn't eat anything dairy for a better part of a year I would have laughed you out of the room! But here I am, 9 months and no cheese, no ice cream, no pizza! Well we have also found out that he doesn't tolerate soy so well either, so I cut that out. I also cut out wheat and eggs for good measure. Well he hasn't seemed to get any better. He still wretches and coughs and has upset tummy all the time. He is miserable and it breaks my heart. So in a moment of weakness I added wheat back into my diet. It didn't seem like a problem but now the little man is super snotty, so no more wheat for Momma!

Our Occupational Therapist moved and we are waiting to get a new one so he hasn't had any OT. His Physical Therapist only comes twice a month. His speech therapist said that we are getting close to using up our allotted therapies from our insurance and Caius hasn't been doing well his speech therapy so we decided to postpone until after his surgery. It is weird not having a doctor's visit or a therapy every day. I can't wait until after his surgery. I'm hoping that the extra blood flow to his tummy will help him to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment