Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pink Slime

Just read these two articles from ABC. I especially like the listing of grocery stores at the end of the second link. Its scary that our government says this is ok and is fine feeding this to our children. And people trust the FDA. HA!

If you want to see Pink Slime being made you can just watch Food Inc.

http://news.yahoo.com/pink-slime-choice-schools-230530972--abc-news.html


http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/where-you-can-get-pink-slime-free-beef/

3 comments:

  1. Yuck. My bear cub is entering school April 2nd and I don't have any intention of letting her eat the food there.

    As for the FDA, it was started to keep charlatans from selling so called panaceas that did nothing and expanded from there. It has never been given much control over food other than to make sure the facilities are keep fairly clean. When a new danger comes up, the FDA has no power until it is proven that it hurts enough people. The FDA campaigned for close to a decade to get ephedrine off the market and when they finally did, there was a huge uproar over it from the public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love that HEB responded. I'm a huge HEB fan and considering that we don't have a lot of grocery choices in the area, I was really glad to see this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, I also have HEB as one of my only grocery stores but I don't trust their meat. I wasn't satisfied with thier answer. All they said was that their meat is all beef which is what is on the packaging of pink slime, ALL BEEF. The only answer I really liked on that list was Costco's when they said they don't use fillers. I really wish companies would have to disclose this type of thing so us Momma's didn't have to guess. Thank you for your comment!!

      Delete