Friday, June 4, 2010

Glutton for punishment

I must be a glutton for punishment. I had the 'great' idea to go shopping today. Granted I REALLY need to go to the store (need is still in present tense on the account I could only find 1/3 of the stuff I needed and I wasn't about to go to another store.). My A/C pooped out early this week and with Caius' heart problems causing overheating this is completely unacceptable. Even with the A/C working I still wet a rag with cold water and put it on ice to chill. I then place it behind Caius in his car seat so he won't overheat and then throw-up. So the 'great' idea was to go out early cuz it won't be too hot or crowed.

'Great' in theory. But 1 store and 1 hour later, after walking the store at least 3 times looking for junk and cleaning up 12 ozs of milk spilled sporadically throughout the store, I finally gave up and called the whole trip quits. So, I'm at the truck; Ash is running thru the cart return. I'm trying to turn on the truck since Cai is so hot (I'd been pouring water on his head in the 100 degree store trying to keep him cool.) My bags fall out of cart an spill on pavement. I'm wrangling Asher and this dear sweet man on a beautiful BMW cruiser walks over, picks up my stuff and puts the bags in the truck. When he does he looks at me and says "God bless you hon". I must have looked as bad as I felt. It was then I realized I should never leave the house again.... EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment